- Sally Mann: (1996) Hold Still: A Memoir with Photographs
- Gordon Parks: (2000) Voices in the Mirror
- Sophie Calle: (2002) True Stories
- Ai Weiwei: (2009) 1000 Years of Joys and Sorrows
- Basquiat (1996) This Indie film about the life of Jean-Michel Basquiat stars Jeffrey Wright and David Bowie plays Andy Warhol.
- Pollock (2000) Ed Harris directed, stars and earned a Best Actor Oscar nomination in this depiction of the abstract expressionist painter.
- Frida (2002) The film focuses on the life and career of Frida Kahlo (Salma Hayek), including her tumultuous marriage to painter Diego Rivera (Alfred Molia).
- Georgia O’Keefe (2009) Joan Allen plays O’Keefe and Jeremy Irons her husband, the photographer Alfred Stieglitz, in this made-for-tv movie.
- The Houston Ballet in the new Nancy And Rich Kinder Building at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJq_bXmVATE&t=430s
- Lil Buck at the Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnerIlGhZY
- Meng-Ke Wu at the Museum of Art Pudong, Shanghi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N7rzwaUu4A
- A skateboarder at the Louvre and a dancer at Musee d’Orsay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mHk25GjJQ
- Alice Neel: People Come First (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- Alma W. Thomas: Everything is Beautiful (Columbus Museum and Chrysler Museum of Art)
- Jasper Johns: Mind/Mirror (Whitney Museum of American Art)
- Joan Mitchell (SFMOMA and the Baltimore Museum of Art)
The Last Vermeer is based on the true story of the gallerist and painter Han van Meegeren (Guy Pearce), who was charged with collaboration with the Nazis for selling a Vermeer masterpiece to Hermann Göring, but was able to prove his innocence by showing that the painting in question, in fact, his own forgery.
Woman in Gold is also based on the true story of Maria Altmann (Helen Mirren), who attempts to reclaim family possessions that were seized by the Nazis sixty years after fleeing Vienna with the help of young lawyer Randy Schoeberg (Ryan Reynolds). Among them is a famous portrait of Maria's beloved Aunt Adele: Gustave Klimt's "Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I."
The Thomas Crown Affair: Both the original starring Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway and the remake with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo follow a thief and an insurance agent in a game of cat and mouse over the theft of a Monet from the Met.